Thursday, September 17, 2026

Book Review

September 2026 Reads

Seed 
By: Ania Ahlborn 
Rating: 5/5 stars

Start Date: 9.13.26 
End Date: 9.13.26 

Spoiler free summary

Jack Winter watched his rural Georgia hometown disappear in a trucker's review mirror, leaving behind the unspeakable in hopes of starting over. 

Years later, Jack, his wife Amiee, & their two young daughters, Abigail & Charlie, survive a violent car crash that should have left them dead. But, Jack knows something - or someone - saved them. & whatever is was, it wasn't good. 

The evil that Jack has been running from since he was a boy has found him again. This time it's hungry & full of vengeance. Now it wants Jack to pay for the things he left behind - & it has taken a particular interest in his youngest daughter Charlie. 

Jack has spent his whole life running from the past. But how far can he run when the evil he left behind has already found him? 


My Thoughts | Possible Spoilers 

There is something SO eerie about the idea of evil following you no matter how far you run - & even scarier when it starts affecting the people you love most...& your CHILDREN?!? Insane. 

This book has me a little spooked. I was side-eyeing the dark, questioning every noise, & even feeling a little uneasy driving home at night. It was such a page turner that I genuinely couldn't put it down. The atmosphere, the slow building dread, & the feeling that something is always lurking just beneath the surface had me hooked. 

& the ending?!? I WOULD NOT have predicted that. I mean...WOW. Just when you think everything is finally over - NOPE. One more twist to sink the nail in the coffin. 

This is exactly the kind of horror I love, creepy, unsettling, atmospheric, & just unpredictable enough to leave you sitting there afterward thinking, "What the actual hell did I just read?"

5/5 stars I absolutely loved it.

XoXo, 

Abby



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet Meowzer!