Instead of buying into every micro-trend on my feed, I’m being super intentional this year. I’m focusing on pieces that feel equal parts functional, cool, and a little bit subversive.
If you’re looking to refresh your wardrobe for the cooler months ahead, here is everything currently sitting in my cart (and making its way into my daily rotation) for Fall.
The Jacket Edit: Cropped, Fur-Trimmed, Fringed, & Patterned
Outerwear shouldn't just keep you warm - it should be a main event. This Fall, I am completely moving away from boring coats & leaning hard into statement jackets with a little personality.
I'm obsessing over cropped denim, the ultimate proportion play jacket to style over any jeans, skirts,
or babydoll style dress. While denim jackets are perfect year round, something about a cropped, thick-lined jacket just makes any fall piece look so much more elevated. I'm especially loving these jackets with patterned cuffs & interior linings.Who doesn't love a fur trimmed collar & cuff jacket. It just screams Nanny Fran (iykyk), it gives the perfect touch of vintage drama with the needed warmth for the temperature dips. Fringe details are going to be a whole moment in its own. The movement, texture, & subtle nod toward western fashion.
Playing with the cut & shape of a jacket or outerwear piece can really elevate & change the whole vibe of your ensemble. I'm loving bold patterns & belted waist lines, it just adds a clean & polished, structured silhouette.
I'm styling my jackets this season by letting them do all the heavy lifting by paring it with clean, tonal basic underneath, or with double belted over tailored trousers.
The Footwear Focus: Tabi Ballet Flats, Tall Boots, & Classic Pumps
Shoes make or break any outfit, & my shoe closet is leaning into a mix of edgy, sleek, & timeless pieces.
Tabi style ballet flats are truly becoming all the rage & I am so on board with it. The split-toe flat is an absolute non-negotiable for me. It takes the classy girly shoe & gives it just the right amount of artichitual, fashion-girl wiredness.
Tall Boots. Knee-high or thigh-high, we all know a tall boot is a fall necessity. They are essential for pairing with skinny jeans & skirts. I especially love tall boots with long socks, leg warmers, & tights. Layers really elevate any outfit & make it look so much more thought out & put together.
Platform Heels. Platform heels are making a come back. Mark my word Love Bugs, We will be living the 20s we were promised. I am seeing so many fun colors, patterns & textures with these pumps. Just showing how fashion trends always make away back around.
The Layering Essentials: Scarves, Button-Ups, & Knits
Layering is such a creative way to dress up or down any outfit. I love layering in the cooler months not only for the functionality of warmth but also, for the extra bits of expression layering can bring to a fit.
A multitasking scarf, silky, printed, or chunky scarves is one of my favorite secret weapons. I'm tying them from statement belts through jean loops, styling them as hair wraps on windy days, or draping them as classic neck essentials.
Crisp Button-Down Tops make a great underlayer for any chunky knit sweater you want to elevate. Weather it be Poplin button-downs in a classic white or pinstripes these base layers make such a difference - letting the collar & cuffs show through the kint is just a different type of fashion elevation.
I love the big cozy sweaters & I love them even more for the fall season when they are made from heavy cottons, thick wools knits, & full of rich jewel tones. I just love a sweater that feels like a hug.
The "It" Accessories: Hats, Sunnies, & Fun Belts
The outfit is never really finished until the accessories hit. This season, I'm leaning into pieces that
add instant character & structure.
Hats can make any outfit that much more playful. From sleek baker boy hats to wool brims. A good hat instantly makes an outfit feel curated rather than just thrown on.
I love a pair of statement sunnies. Autumn sunlight calls for dark, angular, or retro frames that add an air of cool girl mystery.
Speaking of statement pieces fun belts like western style, statement hardware, or colorful leathers to breakup heavy winter fabrics & define the waist.
What is sitting in your fall cart right now? Are you leaning more into statement jackets or keeping in minimal? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:
Post a Comment