I hate chiches & I hate them even more when I fall into one, But, unfortunately (- or fortunately, whichever way you choose to look at it) I am a small-town girl through & through, the only cliche I can't seem to escape from.
I've never experienced a city larger than Atlanta or Miami, & I've only ever flown on a plane twice, & this weekend, I'll be conquering Chicago with my love, Kole & his family. The anxiety I feel about it is honestly beyond me.
The flying, the city, the new place, the crowds, being somewhere I've never been before - being without sweet tea or coke products (this is heartbreaking for me). My first time taking on the north. I am so excited for everything I'm going to see, everything I am going to feel, & all the memories I am going to make. But, at the same time, I'm sitting here with this anxious pit in my stomach about going somewhere new. Somewhere bigger. Somewhere I never would have imagined myself going as a little girl.
Growing up, Atlanta felt huge to me. The idea of just getting on a plane & going somewhere new & different felt so far outside my little world I created.
And now I'm doing it.
I think that is the weirdest part, being excited & anxious at the exact same time, is knowing I'm about to experience something completely new while part of me is still that little small-town girl who thinks Atlanta is as big as it gets.
So here's to Chicago, to new experiences, to getting a little uncomfortable, & to hopefully finding some coca-cola along the way.

No comments:
Post a Comment