There is something so nostalgic about a bookstore or library to me. It's the perfect place to turn off my brain and immerse myself in a whole new reality. I’ve loved reading ever since I was a little girl. There's just something about imagining these immaculate stories in my mind like a movie—stepping into a place of peace and escaping the hectic, anxiety-filled world I tend to live in.
Which brings me to my latest trip, I told myself "I am just going to browse, to kill time before cosmetology school", but the "Bookstore Therapy" got the best of me. Four books & a latte later, here is what made its way home with me...
★ BOOKSTORE_HAUL.LOG ★
DATE: SEP. 2026 // HAUL #002
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
ITEM #1: The Bog Wife | Kay Chronister
ITEM #2: The Lamb | Lucy Rose
ITEM #3: Hungerstone | Kat Dunn
ITEM #4: Crown of Midnight | Sarah J. Mass
ITEM #5: Grande Vanilla Latte Hot
PRICE: $79.86
STORE: Barnes & Noble
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Bog Wife | Kay Chronister
First Impression: An Appalachian Gothic that left me with a few too many questions - in the best way possible.
I was immediately drawn to the eerie, folklore-heavy premise. It sounds deeply atmospheric, unsettling, & mysterious. I have a feeling this one is going to completely pull me into its dark little world & make me question everything happening on the page.
First Impression: Gothic horror, ancestral curses, & isolated mysteries - sign me up.
I picked this up because I can never resist a sinister, slow-burn mystery set in an eerie, remote location. It feels ultimentaly cozy yet creepy weekend read to completely lose myself in when I need a break from reality.
First Impression: Cannibalism?!?! Yea, I am going to need to know everything.
The moment I saw the premise for this, My curiosity took over. It sounds shockingly raw, weird, & unhinged. If you love a dark, visceral stories that push the boundaries & makes your skin crawl a bit, I think this one is going to deliver.
First Impression: Book 2 of the Throne of Glass Series!
After finishing book 1, there was no way I was leaving the bookstore without the next installment. I'm so excited to dive back into Celaena's world, see where her journey takes her, & get swept up in all the high-stakes fantasy drama & action.
My TBR will always keep growing, no matter how much I tell myself "I will read all the books I have before I buy more", But the bookstore therapy will get me everytime. What is on your TBR for this season? What genre do you like to read? Leave your comments down below, Lets yap about it.
XoXo,
Abby

No comments:
Post a Comment