Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Dear Abby 001

📠 Incoming Message...

"Dear Abby, I am currently about 1 month & a couple days out of a relationship with someone who I thought was the loml. I found out he was texting another girl when she dm me in IG & sent me their texts! He was telling her he loved her & asking her for nudes & asking to meet up. This destroyed me. And his reason when I confronted him about it, was...He just wanted to do it one more time before he proposed?! WTF! I do blame myself a lot as well though because this isn't actually the first time he's done it, ha has actually done it multiple times before. I do blame myself because i allowed this to happen to myself & believe him when he said he would change. Now that we are over, he has been trying so hard to get me back, but I have him blocked on everything. And I am actually in a good place with myself right now. But I wanted to ask, is it ok for me to start going out on dates if someone is inviting me? Like get back to the dating scene because I am a little rusty! But yes, would love your input! Thank you! XOXO - Anonymous"


Dear Anonymous,

First off, I am so sorry that happened to you.Betrayal like that is deeply painful, & his excuse - claiming he wanted to cheat "one last time before proposing" is completely absurd.


Secondly, DO NOT blame yourself. You did nothing wrong except love someone wholeheartedly & trust that they were capable of growth. Wanting to believe the best in a partner isn't a negative thing, if anything it shows the true intentions of your heart. The responsibility for his choices are 100% on him, not on you for giving him a chance.


As for getting back in the dating scene, absolutely! Go out, go on dates, & do things for you & only you. The most important relationship is your relationship with yourself. Take the time to "date yourself" first so you can gain a clear mentality on your boundaries, & what standard a partner needs to meet to be in your life.


Stick to your guns, Do not unblock him. Keep that door locked & shut tight. Going on casual dates is perfect for shaking of the rust, boost your confidence, & remind yourself that their is people out there who will respect & cherish you, the way you deserve.


XoXo, Abby


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet Meowzer!